
I'm sitting here alone at 7:00pm on March 11...my birthday. Some would feel bad for me because I am alone on my birthday, but really, I have enjoyed it. I have spent a good part of my day thinking back to the things I have done in my 20's. Yes, I know I have one more year but it kinda makes you think when you near the big 3-0! So here is a list of a highlight from each year of my 20's:
20--Moved to Pomona, CA to attend Cal Poly Pomona (i.e. be closer to Nick)
21--Travelled to Europe! One of the best experiences of my life, but took me 5 years to pay off the credit card...no joke!
22--Got married!
23--Was relieved to get through my first year of marriage...it's hard work!
24--Lived in one of the greatest cities in the world and worked at a law firm in DC (maybe the best year of my life to this point)!
25--Bought (with A LOT of help) my first car, a Hyundai Elantra.
26--Became the wife of a Doctor, one of the proudest moments of my life (not being a Doctors wife, but watching Nick become a Doctor after all his hard work...amazing)!
27--Bought our first house.
28--Had our baby girl, Chloe, the third best day of my life! (the first being the day I became a christian, the second being my wedding day).
29--???
I enjoyed so much remembering all the fun (and struggles) I've had in my 20's. As much as I have loved the last 9 years of my life, I am so excited about getting older because I know my 30's are going to be even better!
Hey Manda, you hit the nail on the head. We are often so busy that we forget to reflect on the accomplishments attained through our busyness. I love reading your blog, as it reminds me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Happy to see that Nick is finally done with call. My mom told me that she ran into him in the PICU a few weeks ago. Take care. Hope to see you guys soon!
ReplyDeleteMiles